Some solopreneurs and small businesses who are new to working with an PR professional may have questions about how I work with clients and accomplish their goals.
My first question to you is how much time to do you have to devote to a blog tour?
Are you available to at least carve out 1 -2 hours out of your day to do these specific tasks?
Answer interview questions – can easily be 100-200 questions
Write or compile guest posts
I highly recommend that authors post promos for each visit on all sorts of blogs, websites, forums etc
I also recommend the author visit each blog stop and post a message. On some sites there may be comments and it is very effective when authors answer these questions and acknowledge the comments.
There are a large number of things to consider when you start to organize the tour, whether you do your own tour or if you will hire a publicist. These are some of the things to consider.
1. Do you have time to answer 15-30 sets of interview questions?
2. Can you set aside the time to visit each blog that is on your tour at least once or twice a day? It really doesn’t take much time and I send a copy of the schedule with all links.
3. Do you have a new book being released or do you want to promote a book that’s already available? I’m happy to work with people who have a book that has been available. It doesn’t have to be new books.
4. If you want to promote a new book, schedule your tour for a time after the book is officially available for sale or once it is available to pre-order.
5. Authors who want to promote an existing book can pick a time that works for them. Consider whether there is a way to tie the tour to an event that coordinates with the book or the anniversary of its release. That isn’t necessary, but can be a good hook.
Here’s a few things you should know about I approach and execute projects:
I perform all project tasks personally. If something is needed that is outside my expertise, I will refer you to a great resource. I do not subcontract.
The best way to communicate with me is through email. Scheduled phone calls are great also.
Please contact me today to schedule a free 30 minute phone consultation.